Some Spotify clients have been experiencing an issue while attempting to play songs on the work area rendition of Spotify, that peruses “Spotify can’t play the current song”. For reasons unknown, the mistake message being referred to is by all accounts brought about by just certain tracks as others play fine and dandy. Moreover, the tricky tracks turn out great on the portable form and in any event, while utilizing a program. The issue being referred to can be brought about by various things which remember the sections for your hosts document as well as the disconnected song store. In this article, we will tell you the best way to determine the referenced mistake message so finish the rules that we will specify down beneath.
For reasons unknown, Spotify is the most famous sound real time feature supplier and keeping in mind that the applications turn out only great generally, there are situations where you can tumble upon issues, for example, the establishment mistake 53. Regardless, the explanation that you are confronting the blunder message referenced above can shift contingent upon your situation as there are various elements that can become an integral factor. Along these lines, before we start with the various strategies that you can involve determining the issue being referred to let us initially go through the different reasons for the issue to lay out a superior arrangement.
Disconnected Song Cache
When Spotify can’t play the current song; The primary explanation that the issue being referred to might be made is expected the disconnected song store. Whenever you hear songs or web recordings, portions of them are put away locally on your framework. Any harm or debasement to this reserve can bring about a mistake message.
Another explanation that the issue can happen is expected to the crossfade settings on your work area rendition of Spotify. To fix the issue, you should set the crossfade to 0.
Windows has File
At times, the issue can likewise emerge because of specific sections inside your hosts document which incorporates Spotify. At the point when Spotify can’t play the current song, you will basically need to dispose of the said passages to determine the issue.
The DNS server that you are utilizing on your framework can likewise raise the blunder message in issue. Luckily, changing the DNS server on your framework is quite simple and doing so will settle the issue for you.
Finally, the establishment records of the Spotify application can likewise bring about the issue referenced. This can happen when certain records are either harmed or defiled. All things considered, playing out a perfect establishment of Spotify ought to evade the issue.
Since we have gone through the conceivable rundown of causes, let us get everything rolling with the various strategies that you can involve fixing the issue being referred to.
The principal thing that you ought to do when you experience the issue being referred to will be to restart your earphones. For reasons unknown, most of the clients who went over this issue while utilizing Bluetooth earphones or earbuds have revealed that restarting their earphones fixes the issue for them. After restarting the Bluetooth earphones, the track begins playing with no issues. Thusly, assuming you are utilizing a Bluetooth headset or earbuds also, we would prescribe restarting it to check whether that settle the issue.
Set Crossfade to 0
Crossfade can be the issue. On the off chance that you don’t have the foggiest idea, a crossfade is basically the smooth progress that happens between two sound documents. Along these lines, for this situation, the progress between one track and one more can be alluded to as crossfade. Incidentally, here and there the issue can be expected to crossfade as expressed above and accordingly, you should set it to 0. To do this, adhere to the guideline’s underneath:
- Most importantly, open the Spotify application on your PC.
- Click on your name at the upper right corner and starting from the drop menu, pick Settings.
- Then, at that point, on the Settings screen, look over right down and click Show Advanced Settings.
- Presently, under the Playback area, empower Crossfade on the off chance that it isn’t and move the slider gave to set the worth to 0.
- If crossfade is now empowered and set to 0, have a go at debilitating it all things considered.
- With that done, restart your Spotify application and check whether the issue happens.
Clear Offline Song Cache
Incidentally, one reason that the “Spotify can’t play the current song” is because of the disconnected song reserve. At the point when you are paying attention to music or digital broadcasts on Spotify, certain pieces of them are put away locally on your PC which assists with playing them back with next to no stammer. Presently, when this reserve is either adulterated or harmed, it can cause different issues, for example, the one referenced previously.
In that capacity, to determine the issue, you should get out the disconnected song reserve.
- To get going, open the Spotify application on your framework.
- At the upper right corner, click on the drop-down bolt given and afterward click Settings.
- On the Settings menu, go down and afterward click the Show Advanced Settings button.
- Presently, again look down and afterward under the Offline songs’ capacity segment, observe the area gave.
- With that done, open File Explorer.
- In the File Explorer window, explore to the Offline songs’ capacity area.
- When you are there, press CTRL + A to choose everything and afterward erase them.
- With that done, feel free to restart Spotify. Check whether the issue is still there.
Change DNS Server
The DNS server that you are utilizing on your framework can likewise raise the blunder message in issue. Whenever this occurs, you should change the DNS server that you are utilizing by choosing a DNS server given by Google or Cloudflare, the most well-known ones. To do this, adhere to the gave directions:
As a matter of first importance, on your taskbar, right-click on the organization symbol and from the menu, pick the Network and Internet settings choice.
- On the Network settings window, click on the Advanced organization settings choice.
- Then, at that point, feel free to tap on the More organization connector choices choice.
- There, pick the Use the accompanying DNS server tends to choose at the base.
- At long last, give either Google or Cloudflare’s IP addresses from down beneath.
- With that done, click OK.
- Presently, restart the Spotify application on your framework and check whether the issue is still there on the following start-up.
Alter Hosts File
Windows utilizes a hosts record which is basically a plain text document to plan hostnames to IP addresses. Assuming there are any sections of Spotify inside the hosts record, that can cause the issue that you are experiencing. All things considered, you should alter the hosts document and eliminate any connected passages. This requires regulatory honors so ensure you have them. Adhere to the guidelines down underneath to do this:
To get going, look for Notepad in the Start Menu. Right-click on the outcome shown and starting from the drop menu, pick the Run as head choice.
- Then, on the Notepad window, click on File > Open.
- Explore to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc organizer.
- When you are there, ensure you pick All Files from the menu over the Open button.
- Then, pick the hosts document and snap Open.
- With that done, search for any passages with Spotify and assuming there are any, basically eliminate the line.
- Save the record by squeezing CTRL + S and afterward close it out.
- At last, feel free to restart the Spotify application and check whether the issue is still there.
Clean Install Spotify
These mentioned techniques has fixed the issue ‘Spotify can’t play the current song’. In such a situation, you can fix the issue by basically playing out a clean introduce of Spotify.
- Most importantly, open the Control Panel via looking for it in the Start Menu.
- On the Control Panel window, click on the Uninstall a Program choice.
- With that done, open the Run discourse box by squeezing Windows key + R.
- In the Run discourse box, type in %AppData% and afterward hit Enter.
- This will take more time to the Roaming index inside AppData. Search for any Spotify organizer and erase it.
- Then, in the location bar, click on AppData.
- Inside the AppData registry, open the Local organizer.
- There, search for any Spotify envelope and erase it also.
- With that done, restart your framework.
- When your PC boots up, download, and introduce Spotify again on your framework.
- Check whether that disposes of the blunder message.