IMEI is an acronym for International Mobile Equipment Identity. It’s a 15-digit number that is unique for every mobile device.
If your phone is stolen or lost, you can give the IMEI number either to the authorities or to your network provider to enable them to lock it and make it inoperable.
The IMEI number can be found on the original box your phone arrived in. However, if your original box has been thrown away, you can still use your device for finding your IMEI.
How to dial a number on Android to get the IMEI number
1. Open Phone App on your Android.
2. Enter “*#06#”, on your keypad.
3. The box that displays several numbers including the IMEI will pop up automatically.
IMEI Number from Personal Settings of Google Account
Logging in to your Android smartphone must be done using a Google account.
We now need an Internet connection, or a smartphone that has Internet access.
- Open your browser on your computer or phone and type the URL below. “www.google.com/settings/dashboard,” hit enter.
- Login to Google, which is already logged in to your Android smartphone.
- You will now see Google Dashboard, which contains all information about your Google account.
- Click on the Android option. You will now see the entire list of smartphones that are linked to your Google Account with their names and IMEI numbers.
IMEI Number from Device Box
Each device comes in a box. Every box has a little information on the back. It is important to keep the box safe and note down any information on the back. You can find the IMEI number by reading the details in the box.
We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. Let us know if you were able find your Android tablet’s IMEI number. Please share any other methods you may know with us in comments.