How to Drop a Pin in Apple Maps on iPhone
Although Apple Maps has been around for quite a while, however, it took time to reach the point where it can offer an array of sophisticated features. However, it’s always good to return to the basics, particularly if you’re just starting out with this map-based solution. In this article, we’ll discuss how to add the pin into Apple Maps on iPhone.
Be aware that dropping a map pin in Apple Maps lets you do many things. In addition to offering better directions to your destination, it is possible to utilize this feature to send a location to someone else or save your most-loved places, and much more. This is why you should be aware of.
Pin a Location in Maps on iPhone
- To start, open to start, launch the Apple Maps app on your iPhone. The app will allow you to navigate to the place in which you’d like to drop the pin.
- When you locate the area, hold and tap to the location to the top of the map.
- Maps will instantly add a pin to the location, as you will see below.
- If the location of the pin that you dropped isn’t precise enough You can edit it by selecting “Edit Location” from the “Marked Location” menu.
- The map will show the image of the satellite on this map. In this case, drag the pin until it is at the exact location you would like the pin to go. In the upper-right corner, press “Done.”
- The pin you have chosen is now exactly where you intended to put it. If you’d like directions to this location select your “Marked Location” section, choose “Directions.”
- To save the location you pinned to your preferred list open”Marked Location” in the “Marked Location” menu and select “Favorite.” Similarly, to share the pin’s address with another user click “Share” in the menu.
- You can remove the dropped pin by clicking “Remove.
This is how you can specify the location by dropping pins onto your iPhone.
How to Get More From Your Apple Maps Pin
Once you have pinged a location and then swipe the Marked Location pane to see other options:
- To find the quickest route to the location, choose directions. The iPhone decides if the place is accessible enough to walk to or must provide directions for public transportation or driving.
- To send the location information to the contact, whether it is a new or an existing one in the iPhone Contacts list choose the option to Create A New Contactor Add to existing Contact.
To get rid of a mark Press on and then hold down the pin, then choose to remove the marker..
How to Save Pins as Favorites on Apple Maps
If you would like to use an already-pinned location in the future, you can save the pin for Maps. Maps app and add it to the Favorites. This will make it easier for you to find.
- In the Maps app choose the pin.
- Swipe up on the Marked Location pane.
- Select Add to Favorites. The name of the place will be the closest address or landmark
How to Share Pins
It is possible to share your location and drop pins with your friends. The Share option can be found on the same spot as the Favorite option.
- Tap a pin, or choose the preferred location.
- Swipe up on the Marked Locationpane.
- Select Share.
- Choose the Message option for sending Select Message to send an iMessage or a Text message with the directions and location information in it.
What to Do After Dropping a Pin in Apple Maps
We’ll then show you how to find directions based on your dropped pin’s location, how to share your location and much more.
- After you’ve dropped the pin into Apple Maps, take a look at the lower right-hand corner on the page.To get directions to your selected location, click on “Directions.” The app will estimate the routes that are possible and swipe upwards to show all. After you have selected one, tap the green “Go” icon.
- To include a dropped pin in an existing contact (both old or new) simply swipe upwards at the top of your display.After that, choose “Create New Contact” or “Add to Existing Contact.” Choose a contact or create one as well. Apple Maps will associate the desired location with the selected contact. Now, you can utilize Siri to send fast directions to your contacts.
- To add the location you want to save to your favorites list move your finger up from the lower part on the display.Next, you can tap “Add to Favorites.” Be aware that you are able to access your favorite locations from Maps Home screen. Scroll up from the bottom of the screen and you’ll find an array of your most-loved spots. Select one and you’ll get more details including potential biking, driving and walking paths.