How to Change Snapchat Username : Simple Steps
There are occasions that you’re not content with your username on a social network and have a different username.
Snapchat is, along with the other top messaging platforms allows you to change your username.
However, all you had to make was to change the Snapchat username for many years.
At the present, the messaging app has introduced a new feature that lets you change your username without the need to delete your account.
If you’re searching for a method you can change the username on or change your Snapchat username, continue reading to learn how to do it.
Change the Name of Your Snapchat Show Name
There is a smart way to change your username using an individual Display Name. Your username stays the same, however, it’s not seen by your acquaintances.
1. Launch Snapchat and then select the Profile/Bitmoji icon in the upper-left corner on the screen.
2. Click from the gear icon in the upper-right-hand corner to access the Settings. settings.
3. Choose your name.
4. A brand new name for the display within the Name box.
5. Make sure to tap to save.
6. The name you record by entering it in the Name field is displayed in chats with your friends and stories, instead of the username you use.
The only time that a friend could see your username is when they see your profile during the chat (which will display your snap code name, username as well as snap score and Snapchat emoticons) or when they choose the Display name when searching for friends.
Change your Snapchat Username with Email ID
In the past, we’ve given a step-by-step guide to change your Snapchat usernames without having to create an account now using the previous method This method is very different. You can change your Snapchat username making use of an alternative Snapchat account using an alternative email address. Follow the steps below to change your username for the Snapchat account.
1. The first step is to first, open your Snapchat app and log into your profile.
2. Click on Settings then scroll to locate the Log out option.
3. After logging out, tap on the signup button.
4. Complete the required information and make sure you use an email address that is different from the one you’ve used for your existing Snapchat account.
5. Log in to your profile and click on “Add Friends. You can add friends from contacts’.
6. Click the button that reads “Continue” and wait some time.
7. In the next window click OK and allow Snapchat to connect to your contacts.
8. Then you can add contacts according to your preference.
9. Log in to your old Snapchat account to access your profile.
10. After that, click the “My Friends” and choose any user. Their Snapchat username will be displayed at the top of the screen.
11. Do not add friends that you’ve already added to your Snapchat account.
12. Log back into the new Snapchat profile and join your friends. You can also add using your username.
13. After making the changes you need After making the necessary changes, you can remove the account permanently.
Create a New Snapchat Username and Account
Another method alternative to switch the username of your Snapchat account username would be to sign up for an a new account.
If you decide to do this it will be necessary to manually join your friends on the new account. Here’s how you can keep your friend’s Snapchat name and after that, create an account.
If you sign up for a new Snapchat account, you’ll lose the information from your previous account, including your snap code, current Snapchat snapcode, snap score or snap streaks, most loved friends, conversations, and the trophies you won.
1. Choose Chat and select to click the “New Chat” icon located in the top-right hand corner.
2. Scroll through All to see your friends’ names in alphabetical sequence. Note down every name, or take a picture on the screen. Click the button at the top-right of the screen to stop your chat. New Chat.
3. Find the first person on the list of friends by entering their names into the search box located at the top of your screen.
4. Note down the username that is listed under the Display Name. Repeat step 4 to locate the usernames of all your friends with usernames.
5. Choose the “X” within the bar of the search to end the search. Choose your Profile/Bitmoji icon, and then click your Gear icon in the upper right corner to open the settings.
6. Choose the Logout option at the end of the Settings list. Then, confirm that you’d like to close your account.
7. Choose the Sign Up option to create an account using an account number that is your current username.
8. When you’ve completed the process of setting up your account, you can click your magnifying glass icon to look up the usernames of your friends. Click the Add button to include them in your account.
If your contacts are on your device’s contacts database, sync your contacts to your account to include them in mass and accelerate the process.