Have you ever driven around looking for a free parking spot or were headed to a venue or the airport not quite sure where to park? This new Apple Maps feature may help. Now, if you were already using Apple Maps, you will be happy to know there is a streamlined way to find parking. If you have yet to try Apple Maps – this may be a good reason to consider using it.
What does the new Maps feature do?
Apple Maps app allows you to search for parking availability, check prices and even reserve a spot for your vehicle. You can even make your search a bit more specific by looking for spaces with electric vehicle charging stations and wheelchair accessibility. Apple has made this possible by partnering with digital parking company SpotHero to provide information to Apple users on 8,000 parking venues. The SpotHero website is now embedded in the Maps app and will give you all the information you need. Just keep in mind the feature is only available in the United States and Canada, and only features paid parking spots.
How to use the new Maps feature
- Open your Maps app on your iPhone
PAYPAL HACKER ATTACK EXPOSES CUSTOMER NAMES AND SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS
Read on to learn more about this Apple Maps feature.
- Search for the location where you want to park, such as an address or the name of a business, by typing this information into the search bar
BEST EXPERT-REVIEWED PASSWORD MANAGERS OF 2023
An example of how to search for a location on an iPhone.
- Tap More
HOW TO FIND ANYTHING ON AN APPLE IPHONE, IPAD AND MAC
Where to press “More” in the Apple Maps app.
- Select Parking
WATCH OUT FOR THIS ZELLE IMPOSTER SCAM ON FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE
How to select “parking” in the Maps app.
- You will be directed to the SpotHero website. Use the Enter and Exit features to specify when you need the parking spot for
HOW TO STOP FACIAL RECOGNITION CAMERAS FROM MONITORING YOUR EVERY MOVE
Instructions on how to use SpotHero in the Apple Maps app.
- Click the Filter button to add more specifications to your search
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR FONT SIZE ON AN IPHONE
An example of how to click “Filter” in SpotHero.
- Check off whichever options you need, including Valet, Garage-Covered, On-Site Staff, Wheelchair Accessibility, Lot-Uncovered, and EV Charging parking options. Select Show Results when done
HOW TO STOP YOUR CELL PHONE FROM DYING SO FAST
How to select “Show 10 Results” on SpotHero.
- Select a spot by choosing Book Now from the list of options given
HOW CASH PAYMENT APP SCAMS ARE SWINDLING MONEY
Instructions on how to book a spot to park on SpotHero.
- Follow the prompts to complete your reservation
WHICH APPS ARE DRAINING YOUR PHONE’S BATTERY?
An example of how to follow the prompts to select your spot on SpotHero.
Note: Remember that this feature is only available in 8,000 locations across the U.S. and Canada. If these options do not come up for your destination, it is likely that Maps does not have parking information for that specific destination.
What if Maps does not have parking info for my destination?
Not to worry, you can still easily find a parking spot even if the Maps app doesn’t have information for you to book in advance. Here’s what you have to do:
- Open your Maps app on your iPhone
ZOOM USERS BEWARE: MALWARE DECOY COULD STEAL YOUR PRIVATE INFORMATION
- Search for the location where you want to park, such as an address or the name of a business, by typing this information into the search bar. Then click the car icon
WHY A GREEN AND ORANGE DOT ON YOUR PHONE CAN INDICATE SOMEONE LISTENING AND WATCHING
How to search for your desired location and select the car icon in Apple Maps.
- Click GO and follow the directions to your destination as normal
ARE YOUR OWN DEVICES INADVERTENTLY SPYING ON YOU?
Directions on how to click “Go” on the Apple Maps app.
- When you get close to your destination (within 5-10 minutes), click on the arrow in the bottom right-hand corner
HOW TO CHANGE THE FONT ON YOUR IPHONE
Click the arrow in the bottom right corner on Apple Maps.
- Click Add Stop
HOW TO REMOVE YOUR LOCATION FROM PHOTOS
Instructions on how to click “Add Stop” in the Maps app.
- Select Parking
A BEGINNERS GUIDE TO COOKIES
Screenshot showing where to select “Parking.”
- You will be given options for parking garages available near your destination. Select one nearest to where you want to go and your GPS will take you there
ASK KURT: WHY IS MY BLUETOOTH CONNECTION ALWAYS SO SPOTTY?
Here’s where you can find parking garages on the app.
How to find your parked car
If you park your car in a large lot or parking garage, let’s say at the mall, and leave it for a while, it’s easy to forget where you originally parked, and you don’t want to spend hours searching for it. There is a way for you to use your Apple Maps app to find your vehicle if you’re connected to your car’s CarPlay or Bluetooth. Here’s how you do it:
- Connect to your CarPlay or Bluetooth by following whatever steps your vehicle requires
- Once connected, turn your car off to disconnect from the car’s Bluetooth
- A parked car icon will appear on your Maps app. You can click on that and get directions back to your car once you leave it
APPLE INTRODUCES MOST POWERFUL MACBOOK PRO MODELS EVER MADE
How to find your parked car on the app.
How to find your parked car using Find My
First, you will need to purchase an Apple Air Tag and place it in your car, such as in your glove compartment or under a seat and then connect it to your iPhone via Bluetooth. Once the tracker is connected to your iPhone, you will be able to locate your car using the Find My app. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Find My
- Select your car from the list of devices to see its current location
- Additionally, you can also use Siri to find your parked car by saying, “Hey Siri, where’s my car?” and it will give you the location
- If you have an Apple Watch, you can also use the “Find My” app on the watch to locate your car as well
Was this helpful? Let us know how this new Maps feature works for you.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR HEALTH NEWSLETTER
For more of my tips, subscribe to my free CyberGuy Report Newsletter by clicking the “Free newsletter” link at the top of my website.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved. CyberGuy.com articles and content may contain affiliate links that earn a commission when purchases are made.
Kurt “CyberGuy” Knutsson is an award-winning tech journalist who has a deep love of technology, gear and gadgets that make life better with his contributions for Fox News & FOX Business beginning mornings on “FOX & Friends.” Got a tech question? Get Kurt’s CyberGuy Newsletter, share your voice, a story idea or comment at CyberGuy.com.