When I was a kid there was a program that was the reigning king of video editors. when you had to edit video clips (like my experience) then you have a clue of the one I’m talking about : Windows Movie Maker. Windows Movie Maker was a user-friendly video editor for beginners that came preinstalled on Windows and meant it was the perfect option for any editing needs you may have.
As time began to go by and other editors began to expand their reach over it and Movie Maker was beginning to disappear slowly. Then, one day in 2017 Microsoft made the decision to end Windows Movie Maker and deleted the program from every Windows versions. What caused Windows Movie Maker discontinued? There is no official explanation.
What was the replacement for Movie Maker in Windows 10? Photos is the Microsoft alternative that was a replacement for Windows Movie Maker on Windows 10. It was not the most effective Windows movie maker option on Windows 10. If you’re searching for an Windows Movie Maker alternative for Windows 10, then I’m going to present you with the 10 options available to help you find the perfect option to meet your needs for video editing. With this at hand, we’ll get started by looking through the options!
FilmForth – The Best Windows Movie Maker Alternative
To start things off, to get things started, we’ve got FilmForth which is a no-cost, user-friendly video editor to Windows 10 and Windows 11. What makes FilmForth the ideal Windows Movie Maker replacement?
It’s true that FilmForth utilizes a timeline, instead of the narrative board (like other editors) It is a straightforward and easy layout like the layout Windows Movie Maker used to use to.
Some highlights from FilmForth you might find interesting.
Easy to use, free and with no watermarks for all.
Slideshow maker for free featuring music and titles, filters, and effects.
remove audio in the video, record voiceover to change the background audio, and then mute the video.
Variate the intensityand the speed in the way you like.
A lot of amazing transition effects that will not make the video boring.
Picture In Picture featuree has been added to FilmForth that supports video background replacement.
Editing the subtitle as well as the title. the addition of text with many animated text to the video.
Additional features that you can look up on the FilmForth tutorial. There are also some basic video editing tricks that you can get in the tutorial video.
One of the very few video editors that is watermark-free, FilmForth is available on the Microsoft Store, and you can download it here. it.
In the second place, we have what is often referred to as the successor to Windows Movie Maker. Why is this? It has two features with the latest Windows Movie Maker. Both are free, simple to use, and created by the same firm (Microsoft).
In all honesty, if I were forced to choose, I’d choose Windows Movie Maker over Microsoft Photos for the entire day long. This could be due to nostalgic reasons, however I believe it’s a more complete editor. However, that doesn’t mean Microsoft Photos is useless, because it is able to perform the majority of editing tasks like cutting, adding text or music, and so on.
If you’re looking for alternatives for Windows Movie Maker, but do not want to download any applications and only want to make basic edits, then Microsoft Photos video editor is an excellent tool.
A built-in photo editor lets you edit videos
Title, trim effects, background music functions
Allows you to combine still images for video slide shows, and Ken Burns motion effects
Filmora can be considered to be one of the most effective alternatives to Movie Maker having an intuitive user interface as well as a variety of effects for video. The video editing software comes with advanced editing features and better control, which includes keyframing your videos.
- This tool can be used to speed up process, proxy file and a variable quality preview to make it more efficient.
- It is possible to fix camera issues such as fisheye and camera shake.
- It allows you to alter the appearance of your videos in just one click.
- Share your story on the internet.
- It arranges your media into 100 video tracks that are full.
- It supports cross-compatibility between PC and Mac.
Animoto is among the top Movie Maker alternative tools that provides templates already designed to get going. It lets you create videos for special occasions such as birthday celebrations.
- This tool lets you create a slideshow using an individual story.
- You can make a video album of photos to share on social media sites.
- It lets you upload video and photo clips or select from the collection consisting of Getty pictures.
- It lets you send your videos to family, followers, as well as your friends.
Adobe Creative Cloud Express
Adobe Creative Cloud Express is a program which allows you to edit videos easily. It allows you to cut the beginning and the end of the video and add the new video in between. This tool includes an option to resize that allows you to switch between widescreen and square formats.
- It allows you to add sound to your videos. It allows you to add sound to your.
- You can also create an online video slideshow.
- It allows you to modify templates as well as fonts, themes, and templates without any trouble.
- Lets you upload your video to others.
- Drag and drop videos with ease.
Premiere Elements is a software which makes use of AI for editing, design, arrange, and share videos quickly and easily. It includes animation, effects, art and effects for editing video.
- It allows you to locate videos that use the use of facial recognition technology, intelligent tags and many more.
- Lets you share a project with your family and acquaintances.
- You can also create animated social media posts.
- It lets you create stylish titles for videos. It lets you add stylish titles to.
- This tool lets you incorporate transitions into your videos.
- It assists in improving videos when they are shot in dim lighting.
- Cinematic visuals can be created.
Camtasia Studio is an effective competitor to Movie Maker which lets you create professional-looking video clips based on Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- It is among the top video editing software for beginners, which allows you to capture your video and edit it easily.
- Video maker software can help you streamline your review of your video.
- Provides over 900,000 royalty-free stock video music, as well as customized assets.
- It features appealing titles, annotated titles and callsouts.
- This tool lets you include zooming in and out as well as pan and zoom animations.
- You can also add quiz questions and interactive elements to your videos of learning.
- This alternative to Movie Maker enables you to create and import your own presentations.
- Creates videos and images that can be used to give feedback.
PowerDirector is an application for editing videos developed by CyberLink. It allows motion graphics as well as animated titles. It also lets you create custom-designed forms as well as objects into your videos.
- It lets you upload 8K video.
- PowerDirector allows you to create videos with an aspect ratio of 1:1.
- You can also add shapes to your videos by adding shapes.
- It comes with a variety of templates that are ready-made.
- This tool can provide slow motion and speedy motion effects.
- Color distortion can be corrected within a clip.
- It is able to stabilize footage that shakes.
- You can edit and import videos on your camera.
VSDC Free Video Editor
VSDC is an editing program for video made by Flash-Integro. It can produce HD-quality videos, including UHD 4K, 3D and more. This application allows you to blur or highlight elements of your videos.
- You can edit video in formats such as AVI (Audio Video Integration) MPG (Moving Picture Group), MP4 (Moving Picture Group) and many more.
- You can create or alter the video recorded by mobile phones, webcams, and so on.
- The free version of this tool lets you upload your videos directly to YouTube.
- VSDC lets you convert one format of video to another format.
- This program lets you arrange objects at any point on the timeline and have any dimension.
Media Composer is an effective and free video editing program. It allows you to modify the interface to suit any task in the production process. This video editing software offers you greater power and speed.
- It offers a standard version for video editors who are independent.
- It is possible to integrate workflows and work together as a team.
- It allows you to modify the interface to suit every production role.
Wevideo is a social web-based video editing platform that runs with any browser. It allows you to alter the background of your video. It allows you to create quality videos quickly.
- You can edit videos using Chromebook, Windows, Mobile and Mac.
- This app gives you unlimited cloud storage for making videos.
- It helps you bring your memories back to life by bringing breathtaking home films.
- It allows you to stimulate creativity and meaningful learning across any subject.
- It allows you to add customized text and colors, emojis, etc. To videos.
Vegas Prois a video editor program that comes with an simple user interface for editing videos. It automatically saves your work. It lets you upload videos from a tablet, video camera and smartphones.
- It offers a variety of videos with effects.
- You can easily remove entire segments of an video clip easily.
- It can support HDR (High Dynamic Range).
- Edit an 8K video with this tool.
- Sony Vegas Pro provides a drag and drop feature.
- This tool can be used to create an nested timeline that can improve your process.
- The more advanced version Sony Vegas Pro provides a lens correction plugin.
- You can create slow-motion video.