Incorrect billing information, corrupt profiles, and other factors can all lead to the 0x87dd0006 error. Users are unable to log in to their Xbox accounts due to this error.
Although Xbox allows you to play tons of games on the console, sometimes your gaming sessions might be interrupted by common errors.
This error 0x87dd0006 error is well-known and Xbox Support attempted to fix it. However, the problem is still a problem for some users. Gaming sessions cannot be hampered.
This error affected the Xbox One, but thanks to the prompt response from Xbox Support, the problem was quickly resolved. Don’t worry if you still have to face this annoying error. This article will show you how to correct your error quickly and easily. Follow these steps and you will be able to fix your error in no time.
Why is the Xbox Sign In Error 0x87dd0006 Occurring?
These are some possible causes of the login error:
- Incorrect billing. An error could arise if the billing information you have provided is not correct.
- Corrupt Profile. Sometimes user profiles can be corrupted, which causes the error to pop up.
- Network Configuration. Sometimes, your network configuration may be uncanny. This error could pop up.
These solutions will help you get rid of your problem.
Solution 1: Rectify Your Billing Information
Incorrect billing information is the most common reason for error 0x87dd0006. Incorrect billing information can lead to the error 0x87dd0006. This is because payments are not being made. You can double-check your billing information in this instance.
- Log in to your Microsoft account.
- Follow the instructions to edit your billing information.
Solution 2 – Delete your profile
You will need to delete your user account and then download it again. After deleting your account, you can easily re-add it. Here are the steps:
- To open the guide, use your controller to press the Xbox key.
- Select System and then go to Options.
- To remove an account, select it and hit Remove. After you are done, it’s time to add the account. Follow these steps:
- To open the guide, again press the Xbox key.
- Move down to select your avatar and then choose to Add new.
- Accept the Privacy Terms.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to manage your account.
Solution 3 – Update the Console
Hardware is dependent on updates. You might have an error if you haven’t updated your console in a while. Make sure that you have the most recent version. Here are the steps to update your console.
- To open the guide, press the Xbox button
- Navigate to Settings and then choose All Options.
- Navigate to and then updates. Updates – Xbox System Settings
- To check for updates, select Update Console
Solution 4 – Restart your Router
Sometimes, your network configuration can be the cause of the problem.
- Restarting your router will reset your network configuration and allow you to start over.
- It doesn’t matter whether you have a wireless router or not, you should restart it.
- Before you turn on your Xbox, make sure that your router is turned off.
- After you have done this, turn off your Xbox console and then try to log back in.
Solution 5 – Sign in to Another Account
Some users reported that they were able to fix their error by logging into another account, then logging out, and then trying to log back in to their account.
It is worth trying.
- Sign in to another account and log out.
- Then, sign back into your account.
Solution 6 – Sign out of any Account
According to some reports, the error can be fixed by signing out from every account that is currently logged in.
Log out of all accounts, go to your connection settings and select “Forget Wi-Fi” then turn off your Xbox.
Turn on your Xbox console, then connect to the Wi-Fi. To verify that it is working, log in to your account.
Solution 7 – Checking for Downtime
If none of these methods work, it is possible that Xbox servers have been temporarily unavailable.
Users may experience the error message 0x87dd0006 when the servers are down in many cases.
This behavior has been confirmed by Xbox officials in multiple user threads on different forums.
You can check the status of Xbox servers with third-party detectors such as DownDetector or search in forums.
If you notice a pattern, that means there is an issue on Microsoft’s side and you have to wait.
Solution 8 – Factory Resetting Xbox
If servers are available and your Xbox is not experiencing any problems, you can Factory Reset your Xbox. In many cases, Xbox Live servers are unavailable due to incorrect data or bad configurations.
- Navigate to Method 3 to Xbox One won’t play downloaded games and follow these instructions to soft reset your Xbox.
- Reset your Xbox and connect to the WiFi network once again.